One fine evening, nothing exciting in the house and a Pinteresty inspiration – a Mexican loaded mashed potato bowl. The best thing about this meal is, everything is readily available in an Indian household. Tweaked it a little bit and used saucy beans instead of refried ones, taste much more exciting this way.
- Potatoes – 2 large
- Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Sweet corn kernels – 1/2 cup
- Rajma or kidney beans – 1/2 cup, soaked for around 3 hours
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Cheese – to garnish
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them in quarters, add 1/2 cup water and microwave for 6 minutes.
- Put the rajma in a pressure cooker, add fresh water and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and finely chop the capsicum.
- If you are using frozen corn, dip the kernels in water for 10 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop garlic.
- In a pan, add the butter, potatoes, garlic cloves and mash them on low heat. Add salt and pepper and mix. Add milk and continue to whisk till the potatoes come together and set aside.
- For the beans, transfer the rajma to a pan, add tomato sauce and peri peri sauce and cook for 5 minutes. (You can also add Funfoods pizza sauce)
- In a bowl, put the mashed potato asthe base, top a side with the saucy rajma, capsicum, sweet corn and top with grated cheese.
Your mashed potato bowl is ready to be demolished.