Summer calls for fresh curries and refreshing meal bowls – this coconut and lemongrass bowl is power packed with fresh vegetables, a light soupy curry and a dash of lemon juice and sesame seeds.
- Noodles – 300g
- Coconut milk – 400mL
- Lemongrass stalk – 3 long ones
- Red bell pepper – 1
- Broccoli – 1
- Carrots – 2
- Tofu – 200g
- Mushrooms – 1 packet
- Garlic cloves – 8 to 10
- Dried red chilly – 1
- Turmeric – 3tsp
- Soy sauce – 2tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – to cook
- Sesame seeds – to garnish
- Lemon wedge – to garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves – to garnish
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Chop the mushrooms into quarters and microwave on high for 1 minute. Drain the extra water and set aside.
- Cut the broccoli florets and microwave on high for 1 minute and set aside to cool down.
- Chop the carrots and bell pepper in equal sized piece and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Cut the tofu piece into square pieces. Heat all in a large pan and the tofu pieces. Cook the tofu on all sides evenly and set aside.
- Heat a little more oil in the pan and add the chopped garlic. Cook till the garlic is slightly brown.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan and cook for about five minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the same amount of water and simmer.
- Add the turmeric, soy sauce and red chilly and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, add the noodles in boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook till the noodles are done. Drain and soak in cold water to prevent sticking.
- Take a bowl and add the noodle bed. Laden in the curry, be sure to put in all the vegetables, add the tofu, fresh coriander leaves, sesame seeds, and a lemon wedge.
Happy Summer and Happy Chomping 🙂