Lately I am finding so much solace in whipping and dishing out meals. And after a particularly awesome Wine Tasting sesh, I raided the tiny cellar at home and just had to open a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc – cooked it up with some chicken and bread, ooo bread. (Can’t contain the excitement really)
For the chicken –
- Boneless chicken – 500g, diced into pieces
- White wine – 1-1/4 cup
- Mushrooms – 250g,diced and steamed
- French beans – 100g, chopped
- Onions – 2 medium chopped
- Bay leaves – 2
- Oregano seasoning – 1tsp
- Butter – 1tsp
- Salt and pepper – to taste
Preparing the Chicken –
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and pat dry. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and seasoning, rub on the chicken and let marinate for two hours
- Chop and blanch the vegetables
- Heat butter in a pan, add bay leaves till they crackle. Add the onions and cook till transparent. Add the mushrooms and beans and toss.
- Add the chicken, add salt, simmer and let the chicken cook.
- Add the wine, simmer and let cook to a thick consistency.
For the garlic bread –
- All purpose flour – 3 cups
- Yeast – 1 sachet
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar 1-1/2tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Warm water – 1-1/2 cups
- Melted butter – 2tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese – grated
Preparing the bread –
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a food processor. Add the oil and warm water and churn to form a soft dough
- Cover in a moist cloth and let it stay for about an hour till the time the dough has doubled
- Mix the butter and garlic paste, brush on the dough and knead. Repeat this a couple of times so that the taste of garlic really settle in the bread.
- Hand stretch a soft dough, dust with a little flour and add the chunks of garlic and cheese.
- Bake till the dough is crispy and the cheese nice and melted
Pair the chicken and garlic bread and sip on some of the leftover Sauvignon Blanc. Sunday done perfectly.
Happy Chomping 🙂