What do you do when you have a single Nori sheet and not enough skills to make sushi? You roll it up. Now, the only use of a nori sheet that I knew of was that in sushi. After a wee bit of Googling, I came across Korean omelette. Super simple to make and too exotic to think off.
- Eggs – 2
- Red chilly powder – a pinch
- Nori sheet – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Soy sauce – condiment
- Butter – to cook
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Add the salt and chilly powder. Whisk until the eggs are frothy.
- Heat butter in a non- stick pan and spread evenly.
- Add the eggs and let it cook until completely done from one side.
- Flip and press the omelette down gently to cook the other side. Flip back.
- Place the nori sheet on the softer side and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan.
- Roll the omelette as tight as you can. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Since my side pieces did not hold up I used a toothpick to keep them still. Dress with some soy and enjoy.
More Nori recipes on the cards and even sushi if I am brave enough. Stay tuned.