Need is the mother of invention. This mighty proverb was rammed into my head after a beautiful betrayal by my OTG (once again) So, with all my vegetables chopped, cheese in place and a beautiful dough kneaded, I was left stranded, nowhere to bake. As hilarious as it was, I immediately switched to a non-stick tawa and set out for a Pan pizza. And turns out, the pan pizza was an absolute winner.
For the pizza dough
- All-purpose flour – 4 cups + dry flour
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1tsp
- Yeast – 50 grams/ 1 sachet
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Lukewarm Water
- Mix flour, yeast, sugar, and salt together in a food processor.
- Add oil and mix together.
- Slowly add lukewarm water to bring the dough together.
- Take it out from the mixer and stretch it on a pastry board or slab.
- Dust some more flour and knead by hand.
- Cover with a moist muslin and set aside for an hour to rise. (If the yeast doesn’t activate, put inside a shut microwave for more warmth.)
For the sauce
- Tomatoes – 3 to 4 medium-sized, chopped
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped
- Garlic paste – 7 to 8 cloves
- Salt and sugar – to taste
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1tsp
- Heat the oil in a pan, add chopped onions and garlic. Cook till transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Add salt, sugar and chilly powder. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a mixer, add 1 cup water and churn until a smooth paste is formed.
- Put back into the pan and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Set aside to cool.
For the pizza
- Onions – 3 medium size, chopped
- Tomatoes – 3 medium-sized, chopped
- Capsicum – 2 big, chopped
- Sweet corn kernels – 1 cup
- Black olives, sliced – as per choice
- Mozzarella cheese, grated – 400 grams
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
- Dust the pastry board with dry flour, take one part and start stretching the dough evenly till it becomes a thin base. Poke it withfork.
- Transfer to a non-sticktawa,spread the sauce, top it with vegetables and cheese.
- Cover and cook for ten minutes or till the dough is cooked completely.
- Top with seasoning and enjoy!