Following my previous Peri Peri egg bhurji, I decided to make Nando’s style Peri-Peri rice this time. I love rice but don’t really cook them without supervision – so as a pro tip, make sure you know the rice you are cooking, ergo – know for how long the rice needs to be soaked and how much water is required to cook it.
The rice is tangy and flavorsome but don’t hesitate to add something of your own, it is always great to add tweaks to make a recipe your own!
Ingredients ( For 1 person)
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Green capsicum – 1 medium
- Onion – 1 medium
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Nando’s Peri-Peri HOT sauce – 3 tbsp
- Finely chop the onion, tomato, and capsicum
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add the chopped onion and cook till transparent
- Add the capsicum, cook for about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute
- Add the salt and Peri Peri sauce and mix well
- Add the rice and cook for 5 minutes, keep stirring so the rice doesn’t burn
- Add the water, cover with a lid and cook for about 15-20 minutes or till the rice are soft and fluffy
- Top with a few more drops of Peri Peri and tomato ketchup and enjoy!