Sabudana Vadas are just as gluttonous as sabudana khichdi is healthy. These potato and sabudana cutlets are my absolute favourites for breakfasts – unlike regular tikkis or cutlets, the sabutdana adds a little more crunchy and sticky texture – crunchy on the outside and yummy on the inside. And yes, it is vegetarian. The recipe is super simple.
- Sabudana – 1 cup
- Potatoes, boiled and peeled – 4 medium
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Green chillies, chopped – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – to shallow fry
- Salt – to taste
- Soak the sabudana over night (follow the previous post for more explicit directions, find it here :P)
- Mash the potatoes and sabudana together, add chilly powder, coriander powder and chillies and mash some more
- Make round flat patties with the mash
- Heat oil in a pan till it is crackling hot and add the patties
- Shallow fry till golden brown and drain out on kitchen towels.
- Top with tamarind chutney and gobble
Coming up with some fusion yumminess with these tikkis. Stay tuned.
Happy Chomping 🙂