The idea of creating this healthy bowl was fiddling in my mind for a really long time, so I finally thought of putting it into action. This is as healthy as it can get – my version of a Buddha Bowl, this includes burnt garlic porridge, pineapple chunks, tomatoes and a fried egg topped with balsamic vinegar and very little salt. And the best part, it is made from the easiest and most commonly available ingredients and is extremely healthy. Read on 🙂
- Porridge – 3/4 cup
- Garlic – 3 medium cloves
- Pineapple slices – 4 to 5 (preferably fresh, not canned. In case you are using canned pineapple, be sure to use as little sugar syrup as possible)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium
- Egg – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Soak the porridge in water for half an hour.
- In a pressure cooker, add the soaked porridge and just enough water to cover the porridge. Cook for 5 minutes and turn off after one whistle. Let the steam off, and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the tomatoes into big chunks. Heat a pan and dry char the tomatoes for 2 minutes. Remove and put aside.
- Wash and chop the pineapple slices. Add to the pan, warm and char for 3-4 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Add 1/2 tsp olive oil in the pan, add the chopped garlic and cook till brown and fragrant. Add the cooked porridge, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt, if required.
- Transfer to the bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp olive oil to the pan. Break the egg and cook till it is crispy.
- Add to the bowl and drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top.
- Dig in 🙂
Interested in more simple, delicious yet healthy recipes?