I tried a trio of hummus long back at After Stories, Gurgaon. And for a long time, it had been my go-to place for a bite. I would order the trio of hummus and then proceed further to explore my dinner options. After moving back, one of the things I have missed is the black gram hummus. Having made hummus a couple of times, I tried to take it up a notch and tried black gram hummus.
You can check out the regular hummus here.
- Black Gram – 1 cup
- Garlic clove – 2 to 3, medium sized
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Olives – to garnish
- Soak the black gram in hot water for 2 hours.
- Drain the water and transfer to a pressure cooker, add salt and 3 cups of water and cook for 10 minutes. Let rest till all the steam is released.
- Strain and save the stock for the hummus.
- Save a few cooked grams to garnish later
- In a mixer jar, add the cooked gram, garlic cloves, cumin powder, and olive oil. Slowly pour in the stock and pulse.
- Repeat until you have reached the desired smoothness.
- Top with olive oil, black olives and a few black gram.
I loved mine on toast, full of protein and really filling.