Maggi has been a meal for many a night and upgrading it to a healthier and heartier meal seems only natural. Since I bought a lot of Thai curry pastes from Singapore I tried Maggi with chicken in yellow Thai curry. This Soupilicious Maggi is hearty and makes for a great dinner option. And healthy-ish – Maggi with chicken and yellow Thai curry.
- Maggi – 1 cake
- Chicken – 200 g
- Yellow Thai curry paste – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves
- Coconut milk – 2 cups (fresh coconut milk recipe here)
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Rub salt and pepper (as per taste) on the chicken and marinate for roughly two hours.
- Boil water and parboil the noodles. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, add water in another pan. Add the chicken and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and save the stock.
- Heat butter in a pan, add the garlic. Cook till fragrant.
- Add the yellow Thai curry paste, cook for a minute.
- Transfer the chicken to the pan, cook from both sides for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stock, bring to a boil.
- Put the noodles in the pan, simmer and cook till thick.