A recent obsession with French Toast, after making French Toast Muffins I found this amazing Vegetarian French Toast Recipe. Now, I like to think of this as a breakfast bread pudding. Healthy, vegetarian and hello, chocolate. Top it with your favorite fruit and nuts.
- Bread – 3 slices
- Milk – 1 cup
- Chia Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Pink Salt – a pinch
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Honey – to drizzle
- Green apple – a few slices (or any other fruit of your choice)
- Extra virgin coconut oil – to cook
- Muesli – to garnish
- Mix the milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt together.
- Soak the bread in the mixture completely.
- Heat some oil on a tawa and cook the soaked bread on both sides till the bread dries up.
- Repeat for the other two slices.
- Stack the pieces on top of each other. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, muesli, apples and drizzle with honey.
Happy Chomping 🙂