Rains calls for pakore, chai and all kinds of delicacies – try these super crispy and easy to make Urad Dal pakoris for breakfast or chai time munching.
And the best part – you will find all these things at home.
Moong Dal Pakauri –
Serves 4 for light snacks
- Urad Dhuli Dal – 2cups
- Ginger, finely chopped – 3/4 tbsp
- Green chilly – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Dal for about two hours in water.
- Strain and transfer to a grinder, add just about 1 to 1-1/2 tbsp water and grind to a coarse paste
- Mix in the chopped ginger, chillies and salt (My capacity for spices is quite low, so feel free to adjust it according to your palate)
- Heat oil in a kadhayi, and pour in a bite sized portion of the paste in the piping hot oil. Make sure the oil is really, really hot.
- Fry till a gorgeous shade of golden yellow and strain on some kitchen towels.
Serve crispy with mint and tamarind chutney.
Happy chomping. 🙂