Inspired by my old school egg and bread bake. I had set out to make something like an egg and potato quiche. And since not everything turns out the way it should – I ended up making what I now call, Baked Spanish Omelette.
Inspired by something I saw on Tasty!
More baked egg recipes? Check out egg muffins , you would love it.
- Eggs – 2
- Potatoes – 2
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
- Olives sliced – 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 2 medium, chopped
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Oregano flakes – to season
- Wash the potatoes and slice evenly in full rounds.
- Line a Borosil bowl with the potato slices on the bottom and sides. Be sure to save about 10-12 for the omelette.
- Drizzle some olive oil and oregano seasoning. Bake at 220 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- Break two eggs in a bowl, add the milk, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the chopped onion, tomatoes, olives and garlic to the mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl, place the remaining potato slices on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Savour with crusty bread or as is – the crispy potato sides add so much texture to the dish.
Happy Chomping 🙂